Who we are
The Multicultural Disability Services Program delivers flexible, creative, and individualised support services to people with disability, and families/carers, to live quality and meaningful lives of their choice in the community.
Why we do what we do
Our vision is an inclusive community that values diversity, guarantees the human rights of
people with a disability and ensures that they:
- Have equal opportunity and access to social and cultural events and activities in the community
- Develop their capacity, skills and knowledge to make positive contributions to the
community and thereby establish valued roles in the community
- Enjoy healthy, enriching and meaningful relationships that embrace their own lifestyle choices
- Are empowered to plan and make their own choices to improve their quality of life
What we do
- Provide personal assistance to persons with a disability in their own home, e.g. assist with household tasks such as preparation of meals, cleaning, and other household help
- Assist persons with disabilities to participate in community activities/events of their interests
- Provide mentoring support to persons living with a disability
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate support services to the person with a disability and their families/carers
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of relationships with family, friends and service providers
- Provide a broad range of therapeutic support such as continence consultations, OT, physiotherapy, psychological service, social Work, speech therapy etc. intended to, maintain or improve a person’s functional abilities
- Provide live-in carers (co-resident) who provide a range of support to person with a disability to enable them to live as autonomously as possible
- Provide respite care in community and centre-based settings
- Provide transport in wheel-chair accessible vehicles
Our Disability Services Program supports and plans meaningful and achievable goals in the following key areas of an individuals life:
How we do it
The support coordinators and service facilitators work alongside individuals and their families to co-design and co-produce support plans based on their unique needs, goals, aspirations and dreams.
The person-centredplanning occurs in a supportive environment of the person with a disability and their family and carers. It is a holistic strength-based approach which offers hope; choice and control; andopportunities to fulfil their potential.
Our program values and recognises that a person with a disability and their families and carers are best placed to determine their needs. We respect their desire and capacity to self-direct their support plans and we facilitate the provision of supports accordingly.
Age: Below 65 years of age
Disability: MSC provides services to all people living with disability including intellectual, sensory, physical and other significant disabilities which require ongoing personal care and support.
Geographic Area: All Metro areas including:
- Metropolitan – North
- Metropolitan – Central North
- Metropolitan – East
- Metropolitan – South East
- Metropolitan – Central South
- Metropolitan – South West
- Cockburn – Kwinana
Funding: MSC is a provider of Disability Support services funded by WA NDIS, DSC, and Commonwealth NDIS – individualised support funding.